Special Trains to Run from Tomorrow: Here is the Full List and Guidelines by Indian Railway
In a big relief to the passengers across India, the government has announced that it will resume Indian Railway passenger trains from tomorrow i.e. 12th May 2020. The step comes before the end of the third phase of the national lockdown.
As per the reports, around 15 special trains will run from New Delhi to various cities including Mumbai and Chennai. It will be a round trip; thus making 30 journeys. The booking for the special trains will begin today from 4 pm onwards. People can buy the tickets from the IRCTC official website or IRCTC app.
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal took to Twitter to confirm the news. He tweeted, “Railways plans to gradually restart passenger train operations from May 12, 2020, initially with 15 pairs of special trains connecting New Delhi with major stations across India. Booking in these trains will start at 4 pm on May 11.”
Below are some of the important things like the list of trains and guidelines for passengers:
List of IRCTC Special Trains
According to the Indian Railways, the 15 trains that will start their journeys from tomorrow are as follows:
- New Delhi – Dibrugarh
- New Delhi – Ahmedabad
- New Delhi – Bilaspur
- New Delhi – Bhubaneswar
- New Delhi – Patna
- New Delhi – Howrah
- New Delhi – Ranchi
- New Delhi – Secunderabad
- New Delhi – Chennai
- New Delhi – Bengaluru
- New Delhi – Thiruvananthapuram
- New Delhi – Madgaon
- New Delhi – Mumbai Central
- New Delhi – Jammu Tawi
- New Delhi – Agartala
Indian Railway Guidelines For Passengers
Keeping in mind the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, the government has released various guidelines for the passengers. Read them thoroughly to avoid any confusion.
- The tickets can only be bought from the IRCTC Website or mobile app. There will be no tatkal or premium tatkal reservations on these special trains. Booking through agents is not allowed.
- Only those who have tickets will be allowed to enter the station. The passengers will need to go through screenings and only those will no symptoms will be allowed to travel. For this process, it is important to reach the station early.
- There will be no platform tickets at the railway stations.
- As per some reports, the trains will be air-conditioned and the fares will be equivalent to that of Rajdhani Express. No concessions have been announced so far.
- All the passengers must wear masks during the journey. According to PTI, people should also have the Arogya Setu app on their phones.
- Passengers might not get linens and blankets due to the fear of coronavirus spread.
Other guidelines and important information will be printed on the ticket itself. Thus, read it carefully before reaching the railway stations.
As per the press release by PIB, Indian Railways will start more special services in the upcoming days. However, it will be based on the available coaches after reserving 20,000 coaches for COVID-19 care centers.
For more such updates, keep reading NewzOnTips!