Lockdown Extended Till May 31: Here is What Is Allowed and What is Not
The suspense over Lockdown 4.0 has ended. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has announced that the nation-wide lockdown will be extended until 31st May 2020. The Ministry has also released various guidelines, underlining the relaxations and restrictions across the nation.
Earlier, some states like Maharashtra, Punjab, and Tamil Nadu had already extended their lockdown till 31st May due to the rapid increase in the cases of COVID-19. The Spokesperson of Home Ministry also tweeted about the same along with the notice.
With the beginning of another phase of lockdown, we have listed below what will be allowed and what will not be allowed. Read on carefully:
Activities Allowed in Lockdown 4.0
- Interstate travel of buses and vehicles will be allowed if the states/UTs involved giving permission for the transportation, except in the containment zone.
- Restaurants can be open but only for home delivery of the food.
- Sports complexes and stadiums will be open but no spectators will be allowed.
- E-commerce firms can offer delivery services for non-essential items even in red zones.
- Marriages can be allowed with a maximum of 50 guests.
- For funerals, only 20 people will be allowed.
- The movement of health professionals, health workers, and sanitation workers will be allowed in inter-state and intra-state areas.
- Goods and cargo trucks, even the empty ones, have been given relaxation.
- All shops, including pan and gutka shops and mithai shops, can open but they have to ensure social distancing and must allow only 5 people at one time.
- Canteens at the bus depot or railway stations can remain open.
- In the containment zones, only essential activities will be allowed.
Activities NOT Allowed in Lockdown 4.0
- All domestic and international flights will remain suspended until further notice. Only those with domestic medical services or security will be permitted by MHA.
- Metro services will not resume.
- Educational institutions will remain shut.
- Public places like malls, cinema halls, gyms, swimming pools, entertainment parks, auditoriums, and others will remain closed.
- Hotels and restaurants will also remain shut.
- Large gatherings – be it social, political, religious, educational, or cultural – are prohibited.
- Religious places will be closed as well.
- The night curfew, between 7 pm and 7 am, will continue in all zones.
For the detailed guidelines, click here.
Other Important Announcements
Furthermore, the Ministry has also made it clear that now, states and union territories have been given the power to decide the Red, Green, and Orange zones as per the situation of coronavirus outbreak in the respective area.
Talking about the same, Delhi Chief Minister said, “Delhi govt will prepare the detailed plan for Delhi based on the Centre’s guidelines and announce it tomorrow (Monday),”
The National Disaster Management Authority said these restrictions would be updated “as necessary, keeping in view the need to open up economic activities.”
This is the fourth extension of the country’s lockdown ever since Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s first shut down announcement on March 25. On Sunday, the total number of coronavirus cases in the country rose to 90,927 with a death toll at 2972. Around 34,109 people have been cured.