E-Pass Details: This Is How You Can Travel Even In Lockdown!
The nation-wide lockdown has entered the fourth phase in India. And even though the central and state governments have issued various relaxations, travelling from one state to another is still a difficult task. If someone needs to go out for important reasons or emergencies, they need to have an e-pass.
Now, to get an e-pass, you need to visit the website that the National Informatics Centre (NIC) developed for this purpose. Below is step-by-step way to apply for a travel pass.
How To Get An E-Pass
- First, open the website – https://serviceonline.gov.in/epass/ – where you will find a drop-down menu (as shown in the image below). Select the State where you want to go.
- When you select the State, the website will take you to the official site of that state government. For example, if you select Haryana from the list, the website will take you to the form that needs to be filled for the respective state.
- You will be required to fill the details like your name, age, gender, the reason why the pass is needed, mobile number, address, vehicle details and do on. You will also need to upload documents such as your identity proof. If someone else is also travelling with you, their information should also be filled.
- Once, you have filled the details, submit the application and the government will decide if you can get an e-pass or not.
- If your application gets accepted, you will get a message on your mobile number.
Till now, the website has received 3,357,200 applications. Out of these, around 1,169,761 e-passes have been issued by the government.
Things To Keep In Mind
Here are some necessary things you must keep in mind about e-passes:
- For now, e-passes are only given for 17 states/UTs of India, namely, Andhra Pradesh, Arunanchal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Ladakh, Lakshadweep, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Odisha, Puducherry, Sikkim, Tripura and Uttar Pradesh. Delhi is excluded from the list and has a different website for the e-passes. The information about that is given below.
- After the submission of the application, you will get an application reference number. Please note it down carefully as it will be used to track the state of your application.
- If you get the e-pass, make sure you carry a soft or hard copy while travelling. Any security personnel can ask for e-pass during your journey.
- You can also see your e-pass in Aarogya Setu app.
- These passes are usually issued to people dealing with essential services or emergencies.
How To Get E-Pass For Delhi
The Delhi government has a different website for issuing e-passes. Here is how you can submit the application:
- Go to https://epass.jantasamvad.org/epass/init/ and choose your preferred language – English or Hindi.
- The next page will ask you what do you need help with. Choose the desired option and click on Submit.
- You will need to fill important details like name, contact number, address, vehicle details, etc along with documents like ID proof. Click Apply and Save the e-pass ID to track future status of the document.
- Once your application gets verified, you can get an e-pass.