You Can Now Download Aadhaar Card Through Face Authentication. Here’s How
The Aadhaar card has got an update. And this time, the update has made the downloading process very easy. Though there were other methods of downloading already available for Aadhaar card holders, the new update now gives the option of downloading it through face verification.
What Are The Updates?
Aadhaar number is a twelve-digit number that is given by the unique identification authority of India (UIDAI). It serves as ID proof in various places such as banks, telecom companies, and public distribution system.
In its most recent update, the UIDAI has rolled out the Aadhaar PVC card. The new Aadhaar PVC card is both durable and attractive. Moreover, UIDAI has also given new security features in the Aadhaar PVC card. The new security features are:
- Ghost Image
- Guilloche Pattern
How To Download Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar cards can be downloaded mainly through two methods. The first method is downloading the card by using an enrollment number, and the second method is downloading the card with the help of the Aadhaar number. Now, in its latest update, UIDAI is giving the option of downloading Aadhaar card online by face authentication.
Here is a step by step process on how to download it through face authentication:
- Go to UIDAI’s official website in your web browser.
- Click on the ‘Get Aadhaar Card’ button.
- There will be an option of face authentication somewhere under the Aadhaar Card section.
- Enter your registered mobile number and the CAPTCHA shown on the screen before clicking on the ‘Face Authentication’ button.
- Now, verify your id with the help of face authentication.
- The website of UIDAI will automatically take a picture of you once you click Ok.
- UIDAI will verify your photo; once it is done, you can download your Aadhaar card.
According to UIDAI, there are four forms of Aadhaar and all of them are valid. The different forms are:
- Aadhaar Letter: It is a laminated letter that has a secure QR code on it.
- eAadhaar: It is the electronic form of an Aadhaar. Like the offline form of Aadhaar, it has a signature by AIDAI, a QR code, the issue date, and the date on which it was downloaded. It can be downloaded through the official website with the help of the registered mobile number.
- mAadhaar: Just like any other app, mAadhaar can be installed on a smartphone.
- Aadhaar PVC Card: As described earlier, this one has become available only after the recent update.
Liked What You Read? Keep Browsing NewzOnTips. You Can Also Get Articles On Business, Technology, Sports, And Entertainment. Don’t Forget To Subscribe Us.